Avast Internet Security and Pro | Business Endpoint Protection
If you are one of the millions who are looking for the best antivirus freeware, then it is definitely a good idea to read through this article. The Internet is filled with spyware and malware. Choosing antivirus protection can be very difficult. The market is highly competitive and the products are on the leading edge of information technology. Antivirus software provides an essential layer of protection from viruses, trojans, worms, spyware, adware, dialers, keyloggers, and rootkits. Don’t let the name antivirus confuse you. These days every good antivirus has good detection rates for all forms of malware, not just viruses. The term malware includes viruses, trojans, worms, spyware, adware, dialers, keyloggers, rootkits, and any other software which performs malicious activities on a computer.
There are literally hundreds of antivirus and antispyware software products to choose from, and most of them, on their product description page, will tell you that they provide the “ultimate level of protection” for your computer. Do they?
Sadly, most of them don’t. But after doing so many research we have found that AVAST is one of the best antivirus which are available in today’s world. If you haven’t heard of AVAST, it is only the most trusted name in antivirus, actively protecting more than 200 million PCs, Macs and Androids. So many people trusted on this because it has been protecting devices and data for 25 years, in over 40 languages (more than any other antivirus solution), on every populated continent in the world.
The name Avast originally came from “Anti-virus – Advanced Set”, a program worked on by the company’s founders. The developers of AVAST software are formerly known as ALWIL Software. Why we are saying that it is the best antivirus? Because the software has received a number of awards from Virus Bulletin for 100% detection of “in-the-wild” viruses and also won the Secure Computing readers’ Trust Award. Apart from all these there are many more features because of that Avast is so famous.
Some of them are:
- Antivirus kernel based on certified antivirus engine.
- Resident protection comprising individual modules or “shields”, each of which can be individually configured or disabled:
>> File System Shield-Real-time protection against viruses and other malware threats. Scans files as they run on your computer to keep viruses from being able to execute.
>> Mail Shield – Scans messages and attachments in E-mails for viruses.
>> Like that only there are many shields like web,P2P,IM, Script, Network and behavior shields.
- Anti- Spyware capabilities.
- Self-Protection — Prevents malware from terminating avast processes and damaging avast files.
- Automatic incremental updates — Updates of both the program and the virus database which is used to identify potential threats — Avast updates its virus definitions on a regular basis (sometimes multiple updates daily) and this process is automated by default.
- Audible alarms — Vocal warnings and notices such as “Threat has been detected!” and “Virus database has been updated.”
- Boot-time scan — Users can schedule a boot-time scan to remove infections that load during Windows startup.
- Virus Chest — Quarantine folder where infected files can be stored. The virus chest also stores vital system files to protect them from damage by malware. Users can also add their own files to the virus chest. Once in the chest, a file cannot be executed; double-clicking the file will instead display information about the file.
- AVAST cloud — Avast 7 introduces streaming updates from the cloud in addition to daily virus database updates. Throughout the day, AVAST streams updates to users, giving them faster warnings about new malware. This supplements regular virus updates, keeping users informed and protected regardless of their internet connection.
The latest Version of avast is 9.0. Apart from business-grade security solutions, product includes the following:
- Avast! Free Antivirus 9.0-freeware for personal, non-commercial use only
- Avast Pro Antivirus 9.0— shareware for both personal and commercial use
- Avast Internet Security 9.0 — shareware for both personal and commercial use
- Avast Premier 9.0 — shareware for both personal and commercial use
- Avast Endpoint Protection Suite – Protect your endpoint devices and servers with the most-trusted antivirus
The main motivation behind why we came up with this particular methodology for this review is that we value system protection against real world threats above all other categories by which an antivirus is commonly judged. It does not matter to us whether an antivirus protects the user by detecting malware, blocking dangerous sites, behavioral analysis, sandboxing, or any other approach. The most important thing is that at the end of the day your system is safe from infection. Thus, that is the attitude we have taken towards reviewing this product .Avast is also relatively light on resources. However, do note that Avast requires a free registration to function after 30 days, and the default installation installs the Chrome browser unless you uncheck it.